Nursing Homes Consider How to Reopen; ‘When Can I Come and See Mom?’ (The Wall Street Journal)
March 12, 2020
**ATTENTION VISITORS, FAMILIES & GUESTS**
Due to the rising concerns raised by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and out of an abundance of caution for our residents and employees, Riverview Healthcare Community is now following LEVEL 3 RESTRICTIONS.
We appreciate your understanding and thank you in advance.
March 9, 2020
Dear Family Member:
Related to the recent COVID-19 or Coronavirus diagnosis in Rhode Island, Riverview Healthcare Community wanted to reach out to all of our families at home. We have attached a handout related to signs and symptoms to watch related to the Coronavirus. Including any recent travel outside of the country and/or close contact with anyone who has recently traveled out of the country.
Five things to help prevent respiratory illnesses include:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use alcohol base hand rubs when your hands are not visibly soiled.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Throw away the tissue and wash your hands immediately.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Hands touch many surfaces which may be contaminated with the virus.
The State of RI, in conjunction with the CDC and RI DOH, has declared a “Level II” implementation for Nursing Home Visitors in an order to protect all nursing home residents, as they are considered a “vulnerable population”.
You will NOT be allowed to visit if you:
- Are under 18 years of age
- Have a fever (over 100.4), respiratory symptoms, runny nose
- If you have traveled internationally in the past 14 days
Due to the severity of our restrictions and intense screening process we are in need of limiting our visitation for all residents:
- Monday through Friday: 2:00- 5:00
- Saturday and Sundays: 10:00- 2:00
THE MAIN ENTRANCE (LOWER LOBBY) will be the ONLY accessible entrance and you will be screened for the above to include your name and phone number.
As well: We will be unable to grant “resident leave of absence, unless for medical reasons”.
Please understand that these measures require the utmost in strict compliance in order to protect your loved ones as well as others during this time. We are doing this to avoid a LEVEL III which would be to restrict ALL visitation.
For more information:
Gretchen Sechio, NHA